Monday, January 19, 2009

it's time to save the pennies...

...or what's the saying? Watch your pennies and the pounds will look after themselves?

I'm not sure, but what I do know is that I'm going for the best value holiday I can get. I've been a little bit crazy with my travelling lately, and even though my taxpaying funds are apparently propping up the banks, the banks aren't really saying thank you.

My bank is more kinda saying - HELLO! who do you think you are? Donald Trump? Pur-leeease!

So, I've checked out HotelConnect's top 10 Money Saving tips... and this led me to the Early Booking Discounts.

I've found myself a discount of 20% at a 4 star in Tenerife. All I need to do is book before May and travel between May and October. Bargain. And check it out...


It is located in the midst of extensive manicured gardens... and looks very relaxing indeed. And this works well for me as one of my new year's resolutions is to learn how to play golf properly this year.

Last year's efforts were kind of embarrassing, starting from my outfit, to bopping people on the head with golf balls, to getting my foot stuck 'in the hole' at round 8.

So, this hotel is perfect as it is close to 2 of the islands best golf courses, Golf del Sur and Amarilla Golf.

If the golfing proves too challenging I can always relax at the spa, or of course lounge by the pool. Sounds pretty perfect for me... especially with a 20% discount!

So now, I guess all I need to do is sit back and watch my pennies roll in, and the pounds will thud in by themselves.... right?

I'll keep you posted!

Laters,

Secret Agent.

No comments: