Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

So what a brilliant Christmas I had - all the family came over to my house - great auntie Beryl bought me a new teapot so that she doesn't need to bring her own every time she comes and stays and cousin Hamish bought me a sporran - I am still deciding what to keep in it. And then Harriet and I headed off to Barcelona where we walked and walked and strolled a bit slower after a few tapas and some sangria. Harriet got to see all the Gaudi architecture that she had wanted to so she was extremely happy and me - well I was quite happy just taking it all in, watching the street performers in las ramblas and generally eating and drinking too much! And the H10 Universitat really was a winner - I particularly enjoyed the complimentary glass of cava on arrival - got our holiday off to a perfect start!

I am now back in freeeeeeeeeeeeezing Blighty and am getting very excited by all this talk of free upgrades! It's fantastic. This is a january sale to beat all january blues by the looks of things. We all had a bit of a sit around and then chatted to our hotels about how we could cheer everyone up in this january and thought how's about free upgrades - that little bit of special treatment for no extra cost that everyone deserves at the moment. So the results of this are that HotelConnect are offering 100 free upgrades available in hotels worldwide. I personally have my eye on a free upgrade to a luxury apartment when you book a standard room at the Hotel Elysee in Prague - I might even head out there for Valentines day - what a way to impress a lady! Plus it's only £28pppn! (I won't be telling her that).

There are also offers such as free entry to the spa or free canapes and champagne - just check out the site here.

My next plan is to find somewhere to go that is HOT. Not minus 10 degrees or whatever it is in the UK at the moment. I am pondering on Cancun, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Sydney ....what do you reckon???

No comments: