Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My snowman is bigger than your snowman...

know, I know, it's very common to brag - but if you build an awesome snowman, why not tell all your friends about it?

Okay, busted, I didn't really build this one, but hey - I wish I did. 

The one thing I can say 
though is that I did build a snowman IN LONDON.

Normally to fulfill my 'one snowman a year' policy, I have to travel. Scandinavia is usually my destination of choice, but nope, this year I was in Russell Square gardens building it.

Bit of a strange choice for location I agree, but a friend was over for the internet dating conference and was staying at the Hotel Russell in London.

I thought it was all pretty funny actually. They were snowed in, but it didn't really matter, right? As it's internet dating? I was just imagining them all sitting in their hotel rooms having their conference via their laptops.

I digress.

I walked (which included 5 spectacular slides and 1 award winning run-backwards-on-the-spot-then-fall-heavily-on-one's-behind slip) to meet up with Junior and we built a lovely, lovely snowman. 

I met him in his room which was, to be frank :  Spectacular. What a beautiful and glamourous hotel! Check out the picture.

We went and built our snowman, who was fine, and neat and dignified. 

Then Junior and I went to the bar in the hotel (also, very classy I might add). 

Junior suggested that we needed a 'warmer'. Then a 'cooler'. Then a 'juuuuust right'.

Then, well.. our poor snowman. Let's just say that there was some carrot rearrangement going on. That Junior, he's a bad influence on me. He does though, have excellent taste in hotels

The Hotel Russell did not disappoint in sheltering him very classily from the snow, and in providing a great bar to er... satisfy one's thirst.

Laters, with a very exciting announcement.

Secret Agent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Snowman Is Amazing! I Wish I Made A Snowman That Big! I Love It! Love You xxxx

Unknown said...

i made a bigger one it is a LOT cooler than yours HAHAHA

John said...

Very impressive! I'm assuming you had some ladders. I will link this post on my Snowman Project blog.